Instagram Reels is a new and exciting feature that allows you to create short, entertaining videos for your followers. With Instagram Reels, you have the ability to reach millions of potential customers and grow your brand in a way that’s never been possible before. This feature is easy to use and offers a wide range of creative possibilities for businesses, influencers, and individuals alike. Whether you’re looking to promote your products, showcase your talent, or simply entertain your followers, Instagram Reels provides a platform to do just that. In this guide, we’ll show you everything you need to know about Instagram Reels, from how to create and share your first reel to tips and tricks for making your content stand out. So, let’s dive in and learn how to reach millions of potential customers with Instagram Reels!
Table of Contents
What is an Instagram Reel?
Have you already heard about Instagram Reels? They’re short-form videos that can be up to 90 seconds long and can be edited with photos and videos, set to music, and posted on your feed. Brands and creators have been using Reels to showcase their creativity and reach a wider audience. Unlike other Instagram posts, Reels have their own tab on the home feed navigation bar, making them more discoverable. And with short-form video being all the rage right now, Reels are a great way to boost your engagement.
What’s the difference between Instagram Reels and TikTok?
So, what’s the difference between Reels and TikTok? Although they’re similar, they do serve different purposes. TikTok has a wider range of filters and editing effects, while Instagram Reels have their own unique editing perks, like the Reels Templates feature which allows you to copy clip timings from existing Reels. On the other hand, TikTok has a more personalized “For You” page and a younger demographic (16-24), while Instagram’s audience falls mainly within the 25-34 age range.
In conclusion, if you’re looking to grow your following on Instagram, Reels is a great place to start. But if you’re targeting a younger audience, TikTok may be a better option.
How does the Instagram Reel algorithm determine what to show users?
Have you been wondering how the Instagram Reels algorithm works? Well, I’ve got some info that might help.
Basically, Instagram’s algorithm tries to figure out what videos you’re most likely to engage with. The algorithm takes into account who you interact with on the app (like or comment), the type of content you engage with, and when you post or scroll through the app.
So, if you’ve been interacting with beauty content, for example, the algorithm will try to show you more beauty content. And, if you’ve been posting during peak hours when people are more likely to be on the app, the algorithm might consider your post more relevant and prioritize it.
But, it’s also important to remember that the algorithm deprioritizes recycled content or low-quality videos. So, if you want to give your Reels the best chance of being seen by more people, make sure they’re original, entertaining, interesting, and high-res.
How to create a Reel on Instagram
Are you ready to show off your creativity on Instagram Reels? Here’s how you can get started:
- Open your Instagram profile and tap the “plus” sign in the top right corner. Then, select “Reel.”
- You can either record clips in the Reels app, or upload footage from your camera roll.
- Once you’ve got your footage ready, you can use the editing tools to make your Reel really stand out. Add text, draw, use stickers, and experiment with AR effects and filters. You can also choose music or sound effects from Instagram’s library.
- When you’re happy with your Reel, tap “Next.” You can then choose a cover photo, write a caption, and decide where you want to share your Reel. You can even tag people, add a location, and recommend it on Facebook.
- Finally, tap “Share” and you’re done! Your Reel is now ready for the world to see. Good luck!
How to share Reels on Instagram from your desktop computer
Ready to take your Instagram Reel game to the next level by posting them from your desktop? Well, I’ve got great news for you! You can do it with Later’s Instagram Scheduler, which is trusted by millions of brands, creators, and social media managers. Here’s how to get started in five easy steps:
- Connect your Instagram profile: Sign up for Later on your desktop and connect your Instagram account.
- Upload your Reel: Add your edited Reel video to Later’s Media Library.
- Add a caption: Open the Post Builder, select “Reels” from the post type dropdown menu, and add a caption and hashtags.
- Crop your Reel (optional): Trim the video length and select a frame for the cover.
- Schedule your Reel: Choose the date and time you want to post and toggle whether you want it to appear in your Instagram profile grid.
That’s it! When it’s time to post, Later will automatically publish your Reel without you having to login late at night.
Is it possible to see who’s watching your Reels on the platform?
Well, here’s the deal – the short answer is no, you can’t see a direct list of who’s watching your Reels on Instagram. Unlike with Instagram Stories, Instagram does not provide any way to see who’s viewed your Reels.
However, you can get an idea of who’s watching your Reels by checking the engagement on your Reel, such as the number of likes, comments, shares, and saves. If you have a public account, you can see the username of everyone who has liked, commented, or shared your Reel, so that can give you some indication of who’s watching your Reel.
Keep in mind, though, that there are also many ways for people to watch Reels on Instagram without leaving a trace, such as watching without liking, commenting, or sharing, or simply watching Reels through the Explore page.
In conclusion, while you can’t see a direct list of who’s watching your Reels, you can get an idea by checking the engagement on your Reel and see who has liked, commented, or shared it.
Can you hide the like count on your Reels?
you can actually hide the like count on your Reels! This can help you focus on creating content you love and enjoy, without getting caught up in the numbers game.
To do this, you’ll need to go into your Instagram settings and turn off the “Show Like & View Counts” option. This will hide the like and view counts on your Reels, as well as on your posts and other people’s posts on your feed.
If you wanna hide it just for 1 Reel, click on the three dots on the right bottom corner. There you can click on manage and then hide likes. It’s nothing more easy than that.
It’s important to remember that this won’t affect the visibility or reach of your Reels. It just removes the like count, so you can enjoy the process of creating and sharing content on the platform.
So, if you’re feeling overwhelmed by the pressure of likes and want to enjoy creating Reels more, give hiding the like count a try!
Get the specifics on Reel size, dimensions and requirements.
Here is what you need to know about the size, dimensions and specs when you wanna post a Reel on Instagram. Reels are meant to be viewed vertically, full-screen and on mobile devices. So, when creating your Reel, it’s best to go for an aspect ratio of 9:16, with dimensions of 1080 pixels x 1920 pixels. Also, keep in mind that Reels can be up to 90 seconds long, and for the best viewing experience, aim for a resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels. Happy filming!
Can I use effects in Instagram Reels ?
You’ll be amazed at the variety of creative tools you can use to make your reel!
For example, you can search for music from Instagram’s library or use your own original audio by recording it right on the app. If you have a public account, people can even use your original audio to make their own reels
Further you can add some excitement to your reel with AR effects from Instagram’s effect gallery. And, if you want to make your reel hands-free, you can use the timer and countdown feature. It’ll show you a 3-2-1 countdown before recording starts for the time you selected.
And if you want to create smooth transitions between clips, you can use the “Align” feature. You can even control the speed of your video or audio to stay on a beat or create slow-motion videos.
You can record your reel in a series of clips, all at once, or even use video uploads from your gallery. Simply press and hold the capture button to start recording your first clip, and stop recording to end each one. You’ll see a progress indicator at the top of the screen while you record.
When is the best time to post Reels for optimal engagement?
When it comes to posting Instagram Reels for optimal engagement, it really depends on your audience and their activity levels on the platform. You can check your insights and see when most of your followers are active. However, some general tips include posting during off-work hours, such as evenings and weekends.
As for the number of Reels to post per week, there’s no set rule. It’s important to strike a balance between consistently posting content and not overwhelming your followers. It’s a good idea to start with 3 till 4 Reels per week and see how your audience reacts, then adjust accordingly. The most important thing is to post quality content that resonates with your audience. If you just go for quantity but your reels have no quality, you will never go viral.
How to use Reel analytics and insights to improve your content ?
- Access Insights: You can access Reel insights through your Instagram account. Click on the reel you wanna know more about, on the bottom left side below the video you see the button « insights » and click on it.
- Analyze Views and Engagement: Check the number of views, likes, comments, and shares your Reels are receiving. You can also see which Reels are performing better than others.
- Identify Popular Topics: Take note of the topics and themes that receive the most engagement from your audience. This can help you understand what your audience is interested in and create content that resonates with them.
Can you use paid promotions to boost the visibility of your Reels?
Yes, you can use paid promotions to boost the visibility of your Instagram Reels. Paid promotions are a way to reach a larger audience, beyond your current followers. By using paid promotions, you can target specific demographics and interests to ensure your Reel is seen by the right people.
To use paid promotions, you can access the Instagram Ads Manager, which allows you to create an advertisement and set a budget. You can choose to promote your Reel to a specific audience, or you can use the Reach objective to show your Reel to as many people as possible.
It’s important to note that paid promotions are not the only way to increase visibility for your Reels. Creating engaging and high-quality content, using relevant hashtags, and collaborating with other creators are also effective ways to increase your reach on Instagram. And to be honest, this is as well the prerequisite for a successful ad campaign.
How to make money with Instagram Reels?
With its increasing popularity, many individuals and businesses are now exploring the possibilities of making money through Reels. Here we show you some great ways on how to make money with Instagram Reels.
- Sponsored content: Brands may pay you to create and share a reel showcasing their products or services.
- Affiliate marketing: You can earn a commission by promoting and selling products through an affiliate program.
- Selling your products: If you have your own product or merchandise, you can promote it on your reels and drive sales.
- Ad revenue: You can earn ad revenue through the Instagram Creator Fund if your account is eligible and chosen by Instagram (at the moment only possible in the US)
10 Instagram Reels Hacks that boost your reach
- Plan your content ahead of time to ensure it aligns with your brand’s message and appeals to your target audience.
- Use popular music or audio to appeal to a wider audience and increase discoverability.
- Use trending hashtags in your Reel description to increase visibility and reach.
- Collaborate with other Instagram users to reach a wider audience and get more exposure.
- Engage with your followers by responding to comments and reposting user-generated content.
- Check viral videos in your niche and see how and what they did. Try to make similar videos.
- Use high-quality visuals and creative transitions to make your Reels visually appealing.
- Utilize Instagram’s editing tools, such as speed and align, to enhance your content.
- Post your Reels at optimal times when your audience is most active on the platform.
- Start your video with something that catches the user e.g. a surprising moment, something funny or just a wow-effect.
Have fun creating your first (hopefully) viral Instagram Reel.